One role of the LISD Facilities Department is to support room setup, for example when a teacher moves to a new classroom, or an organization hosts a banquet or conference on one of the campuses. LISD chose frevvo to automate this process for it’s easy to use design features and enterprise-grade integration options – particularly, SQL databases.
LISD's frevvo Room Setup Request form lets the user select a campus and then see a dropdown filtered to just rooms available on that campus. The user enters their event, including setup dates and other details to help the Facilities Department plan resources.
Business logic created with frevvo's Visual Rule Builder provides control validation on dates and displays a custom message if there is a problem. For example, the rules ensure the selected date and time is within two weeks of the current date, not on a holiday, and falls within the Facilities Department's operating hours. This helps ensure that accurate and complete data is submitted, and reduces the chance a request will be rejected. Users can upload a diagram of the room layout to help the team understand the plan.
LISD chose to integrate this form with their existing Microsoft SQL Server Database where they track other Facilities Department information. frevvo's Database Connector allows the form to dynamically show options from the database in dropdown controls and automatically write to the database tables. This integration not only streamlines the user experience, but allows the Facilities Department to manage their data all in one place.
- SQL Database Integration provides dynamic dropdowns and automatically writes submissions to the database.
- Visual Rule Builder allows custom form behavior such as date validation and showing/hiding fields.
- Custom validation ensures users fill in accurate information and prevent requests from being rejected or sent back for corrections due to errors.
- Integration and validation dramatically improve the user experience – they type less and make fewer errors.
- Drag-and-drop form design and point-and-click business logic are easy enough for anyone to use.
- Rock solid security and encryption ensure that LISD's data is kept safe and protected from unauthorized access.
LISD is so happy with frevvo that they are now implementing additional forms, including a Hazardous Area workflow, which allows users to report potential risks on bus routes and tracks the follow up and resolution of those reports.