Getting the on-boarding process right is critical for an organization to make sure every new hire feels comfortable, satisfied and welcomed in the organization. On-boarding done right leads toof the new employee. Here are a few best practices that will help you improve your on-boarding process.
- Think from the new hire’s perspective: Move away from an entirely ad-hoc way approach to systematically documenting the process. The first day is often overwhelming for a new employee; having a documented checklist, a feature-rich resource library and online new hire forms to handle the paperwork is a great way to improve the employee on-boarding process.
- Communicate what to expect before the start date: New hires go through a lot between accepting your job offer to their first day. Start the process early – communicate the schedule about a week before their first day. Having the necessary paperwork done in advance is a simple yet effective way to improve the overall employee on-boarding process.
- Reduce paperwork to expedite the process: On-boarding is a multifaceted program; so swamping new hires with paperwork is counterproductive. By using tried and tested automated employee onboarding software like frevvo, you get a , can and store all documents in the cloud which enhances the security, productivity, efficiency, and flexibility of the on-boarding process.
- Arrange a Helping Hand: The first day on the new job can be lonely. Try to help new hires get rid of the nervousness and anxiety they might feel about starting at a new organization. Employ specific tactics that will keep new hires engaged during on-boarding. Giving them access to a resource library, assigning a mentor – someone from their team – and answering all their questions personally makes a big difference.
- Make their day special: Introduce them to the team, ensure that teams take the time to welcome their new colleague , having their desk fully prepared, a personalized AV message from the CEO telling them how important they are to the organization are a few ideas that will make a difference. Giving personalized attention and letting your new hire feel at home is the best way to enhance the on-boarding experience of new hires and motivate them to be productive.
Remember, the on-boarding experience should be smooth, welcoming and productive. Usingcombined with the best practices above is a great way to improve the employee on-boarding process.
With, your organization can easily digitize new employee forms and processes in a matter of days using simple, visual, drag-and-drop software. Automation dramatically speeds up the process. It gives new employees a great first impression of the organization, improves morale, performance and helps new hires understand their goals right from the start. Check out the short demo video below on automating this process:
Hundreds of customers are benefiting. Sign up now for a free 30-day trial and give it a try for yourself.